All the awesome people out there

This what I feel, sense, like. This is here. This is now.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

cinema through my eyes

It is long time since the glamour world is considered to be “adulterated”.

“Not really,” I argue with my father, “look at the creative part…”

Without listening to me further, he conveniently refused to sign my admission form. I felt a castle of dreams non-deafeningly coming down to dust. I wanted to bellow, holler… all I could do is stay quiet and stare at his commands.

In India we still respect our parents and at the age of twenty-two, I would avoid raising my objection to something my dad said. Sometimes, though, it out of compulsion rather than… huh, let it be. Mom, like usual mothers, is always there to support me. She could not see me disheartened.

“I will try if he can see your point-of-view,” she tried to stop tears that were all ready to march down. I silently nodded and left the dinning room.

All wanted to be was a writer, for the industry that I have adored for years. It breaths; it lives; it makes… the music is so well synchronized; the fight sequence just so perfect (well I am talking about a good film); and those characters reveal so much about every human being… ummm…it is like having the best food in the world. Cinema is just so beautiful. From the figment of someone’s imagination to a complete whole…

People are not crazy to spend their hard earned money to watch a film or buy a television, are they? It has magic – a magic that takes you to another world. It is brighter than any diamond. It is carefully polished and bhooom comes a creation that really doesn’t belong to this world. Who is not touched by cinema, film, or television? It is the best escapism.

There are extraordinary people out there, who understand the potential of cinema – they work day and night to produce what is not less loved than their own child. Sometimes, probably more… haven’t you heard the stories about film-makers, who became rich to rag because of one flop film? If you ask him, I am sure he has something else to say about the film, which on the …eee… didn’t do so well. Nah! Nothing to get disappointed about…

I am a writer. I am base of “The Industry”. I will create those rats that can talk; those people who wear knickers on their pants. I want to exchange my shoes (my shoe size is 7½… but I don’t think that really matters, does it?) I want to be you - to create you.

I just have a small appeal to people: please respect this industry. It is an epitome of novelty. Those who put their hard work (I mean even the spot boy) may not be MBAs or MBBS, but they have mastered their field and without them I bet even you will feel incomplete. In fact they can recreate MBAs or MBBS or even change their definition and I bet you will still like it.

No comments: